About Me

My photo
I'm a 45 year old mother of 3 boys. I live in a beautiful old house that needs a lot of TLC with my youngest son and 2 dogs. I am working hard at keeping myself healthy and fit by working out and doing a spot of running. I'm a creative person and am passionate about keeping traditional skills alive. I cook, knit, bake, garden, preserve, read, write and am now learning to spin and quilt. Oh and I sometimes swear.....

Friday, October 15, 2010

Aha! moments can change your life

Oprah calls it an 'Aha!' moment (ok I confess I love Oprah!) It's a moment where you or someone says/does something that makes you stop and look at stuff in a totally different way.  Dictionary.com defines an "aha moment" as "a sudden understanding, recognition, or resolution." It could be something unimportant like realising you don't like pasta or it could be something major that makes the last 30 years of your life make sense.

I had an Aha! moment yesterday morning.  A very dear friend said something to me via text that took my breath away and actually made my legs buckle. I'm not going say what it is because it is deeply personal to me but it was like finding the last piece of the jigsaw.  I didn't even know I had lost it.  I am not exaggerating when I say this will change my life. It won't be easy but I'm starting to believe that my life will get better from now on.  People keep telling me it will and now I know it will. Thank you from the bottom of my heart xxx

On a less exciting note I had an appt with the bank yesterday afternoon.  It took one hour and 20 mins to open a new bank account and apply for a credit card. This is the same bank that I've had an account with for 26 years! I know there are strict laws about the movement of money but jeezo what a palaver!  Anyway, I now have my own account.  Shame there's bugger all in it but I'm working on it :-)

Yet again I've been reminded that we have some lovely friends.  JK and Katrina popped in for lunch since they were in the area.  It was lovely to see them.  I looked at Jo and Jono's wedding photos (just beautiful!) and caught up on the rest of their news.  They reassured me that I'll not be forgotten.  And I hope that they saw I'm doing ok.

Cos I am xxx

2 comments:

John Kynaston said...

Yes we did see that you are doing well.

We both said we thought you were looking great. The work with your trainer is paying off!!

See you soon

Debs M-C said...

Woohoo for an aha moment!

Finance is always a mindfield. It took me many calls and visits to the bank to change my postal address...but I applied for a credit card online last week and it took me about 20 seconds to get a £4000 credit limit. Go figure!

xx