About Me

My photo
I'm a 45 year old mother of 3 boys. I live in a beautiful old house that needs a lot of TLC with my youngest son and 2 dogs. I am working hard at keeping myself healthy and fit by working out and doing a spot of running. I'm a creative person and am passionate about keeping traditional skills alive. I cook, knit, bake, garden, preserve, read, write and am now learning to spin and quilt. Oh and I sometimes swear.....

Monday, November 1, 2010

Wet,wet,wet

Despite a dodgy start to my day (up all night with a gastric issue!) the day improved despite the miserable wet wet wet weather.  Even though I love my shiny fully functioning Honda I could do with one of those amphibious vehicles today!

I realised that I mistyped my daily word target in yesterday's post (sorted it).  It's actually 1667 words a day to hit the 50,000 target.  I'm pleased to report that this morning I wrote 1100 words and aim to write another 1000 tonight once I've fed the hungry hoards (ie me and the 2 boys!)  We're having macaroni and cheese with onion rings (I know it's pasta but I make an exception for good mac and cheese and my home made version is good!) It's No3 son's choice as he was so good at his optician's appt tonight where he tried contact lenses for the first time.  He did really well. He's due back on Saturday to learn how to put them in and out. And walk about the shopping centre for an hour wearing them.

I had a lovely afternoon yesterday with Debs and the wild toddler!  He is so sweet, definitely a future heartbreaker.  We dug out No1 son's box of Brio for him to play with.  Some of it is over 20 years old but despite being well played with is still in great condition.  No1 son is hoping to pass it on to his children one day.  Eek!  Grandbabies!!!!!  Let's hope that day is a long way off!

1 comment:

Debs M-C said...

Lovely to see you, skinny malinky. If you need a refresher course on looking after small people, I know an active one you can borrow :-)

Are you still finding fingerprints?

xx