About Me

My photo
I'm a 45 year old mother of 3 boys. I live in a beautiful old house that needs a lot of TLC with my youngest son and 2 dogs. I am working hard at keeping myself healthy and fit by working out and doing a spot of running. I'm a creative person and am passionate about keeping traditional skills alive. I cook, knit, bake, garden, preserve, read, write and am now learning to spin and quilt. Oh and I sometimes swear.....

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sick


For the first time in a very long time I'm sick.  I can't remember when I was last ill for more than 48 hours.  I've had this damned thing for 10 days now and I don't think I'm over the worst yet.  Stupidly I've tried to keep going and kept appointments and arrangements that in hindsight I should have cancelled.  So I'm doing that now.  It's a glorious day out there and I should be in Perth supporting my friends.  Instead I'm back in bed feeling very sorry for myself.

So 10 weeks until tri day.  I've done no training for 8 days and looks like I won't be doing much this week either.  Right now I'm too knackered to care.

3 comments:

Campfire said...

Hope you're feeling a little better and you're doing the right thing not training, however hard it may be, although feeling rough like that, it's probably not hard at all. That'll come when you're feeling a little better.

John Kynaston said...

Sorry to hear you are still feeling ill.

Hope you recover soon and get back on the bike .... and in the pool ... and on the road.

Davie said...

Wise words numbers 1, 5 and 6 apply.
And no tears.